Tuesday 27 August 2013

(Take Me On) A Staircase to Heaven



Since my passion for beauty in all its forms is never ending, I decided to share with you the most amazing staircases I have ever seen. Some of them you can recreate at home by yourself and others are street art in its purest form.




1.Make a Statement



Whether you love colours or you just want to write a love poem or your favourite quote, you can do it on your staircase. What better way to get trough difficulties, than climbing this statement staircase? Me, I always try to find new ways to get motivated and inspired and this is by far one of the best I found.

The one with the different colours is the easiest to recreate. All you need is paint in different colours, just make sure they're your favourite ones and do not go with whatever you have at home already.

In order to write a quote or a poem, you need to have a steady hand and some drawing skills. A nice handwriting will also come in handy. In case you don't have that, you can always purchase sticky letters and write whatever you desire.


2.Play that Piano 



As a little kid, I played the piano for a couple of years, while the other kids played the violin. Believe me, the last thing you want is to listen a newbie playing the violin.. Since we didn't have enough money to afford buying this instrument, I went to a neighbour of ours to practise. I fell in love with the big white piano and it has been my favourite instrument since then.

You can create the piano staircase by yourself, by paining the tappers or order a sticker. Although it wouldn't make a sound while you step on the stairs, it will still look great.


3.The Ombre Trend



I loved the ombre, even before it went global. I like the hair, the food (mostly cakes) and especially the nails and runway looks. So why not ombre staircases. They are easy to make. You can do one colour in it's different shades, or go wilder and choose a palette. Either way, it is a great way to refresh your home and give it this modern feeling. Me personally, I don't think this trend will be over soon and if you like it in general, you won't get sick of it any time soon.

I might be a victim to trends sometimes, but when I really fall in love with something, I can look at it, listen it, have it for the rest of my life and it won't be a problem.


4.Funky Disco Style



I know we aren't in the 70ies, but there are still some disco fans left out there. As one of them, who read all the stories about the legendary Studio 54, the idea of a mirror mosaic staircase in a disco style touched my heart in a special way.

I won't lie by claiming it's as easy to make as the others. But impossible is nothing, so why not try at least?

I hope these staircases have really taken you to heaven.

2 comments:

  1. One day I will have a house of my own and you can be sure its stairs will be transformed into a piano keyboard!

    ReplyDelete